Tuesday, 20 April 2010

Fulbright Scholarships 2011/2012 For Belgium Students At Masters & PhD Level

Brief Description

The Commission for Educational Exchange offers approximately 35 scholarships annually for study, teaching and research in the United States at the graduate (Master’s or Ph.D) or post-doctoral level. The awards vary from round-trip travel to grants covering all expenses for an academic year. Candidates for the Commission's grants must be citizens of Belgium or Luxembourg and have a post-secondary degree (minimum the equivalent of a license or a Master’s) with outstanding results. Special scholarships are available for secondary school teachers, foreign language teaching assistants, and for study in business, law, science, technology, engineering and journalism.

Applicants who are not citizens of Belgium or Luxembourg should contact the Fulbright Commission in their country of nationality.

Click here for addresses of Fulbright Commissions around the world.

If no Fulbright Commission exists in your country of nationality, you should contact the Public Affairs / Cultural Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy in your country.

Candidates must :

• demonstrate academic excellence
• be individually interviewed in English
• be apt to benefit from the academic opportunity offered to them
• be good representatives of their own country while they are in the United States

Since one of the fundamental purposes of the Fulbright exchange program is to increase understanding between the peoples of the countries involved, the Board of Directors gives preference to candidates who have had no significant opportunity to live in the United States. Grantees are expected to return to their own country upon completion of the project for which the award was made.


30 April,2010

Other requirements:

• Departures normally take place between August 1 and March 31. Special authorization must be sought in order to leave at another time of the year.

• Recipients of Commission awards must travel on U.S. Government-sponsored "Exchange Visitor" visas. They may not travel on any other. Please note that anyone admitted as an Exchange Visitor to the United States must return to his/her country for two years before returning to the United States as a permanent resident, temporary worker or trainee, or intra-company transferee.

• Candidates to study must have completed a cycle of education beyond the secondary level at a recognized institution, with outstanding academic results.

• Candidates in education (i.e. teachers or administrators) must have had 3 years professional experience at the time of application.

• Candidates for research must hold a European doctorate or its equivalent at the time of their departure.

• Candidates in medicine must have received the degree of Doctor in Medicine before leaving for the United States, and must intend to do research. Awards are not available for clinical training.

• Student awards are normally for a minimum period of one academic year. However, applications for pre-doctoral research for a minimum period of 6 months will also be considered. Research and lecturing awards are for a minimum period of 3 months in no more than 2 different institutions. Secondary school teachers may participate in special summer programs.

• Applications for study and research should be made while candidates are in correspondence with specific institutions concerning affiliation and financial support. No awards can be confirmed until candidates have submitted written evidence that they will dispose of adequate funds to carry out their plans in the United States.

• Candidates should submit a Preliminary Application to the Commission for Educational Exchange at their earliest convenience so that their eligibility to compete for an award may be determined. (Academic records, suitability of project, and knowledge of English are factors in determining eligibility.)

• Detailed Final Applications and all supporting documents are due before or on the last working day nearest to one of the five competition deadline dates: October 31, January 15, March 1, April 30 or June 1

• There is no age limit to the Fulbright Grants except for the Foreign Language Teaching Assistants (FLTA) program (maximum age 29).

Further Information: http://www.fulbright.be/Scholarships_Grants/Graduate_Study.htm

Subscribe To Get The Latest Scholarship Information In Your Email Inbox

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner